“Central to the diffusion of policy strategies and best practices for the field is a deep understanding of state context, policies and politics. The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® National Center is unique in that the approach in each state is targeted and strategic; yet the fundamental principles of T.E.A.C.H. are embraced and consistently employed nationwide.”
T.E.A.C.H. Program Administrator
“If we were just doing a scholarship program (without the brand recognition T.E.A.C.H. brings) we would not still be here. The value is critical. People (legislators, the governor, etc.) do not question the quality of the program. You can’t buy that.” - T.E.A.C.H. Program Administrator
“T.E.A.C.H. buys outcomes. If you just throw money at it, you won’t get these outcomes. There is a systemic approach, it is monitored, and there are accountability and national standards.” – T.E.A.C.H. Program Administrator
Educating policymakers and funders about the issues facing the workforce and the solutions to address these issues is key to the ongoing success of T.E.A.C.H. If you are looking for ways to make the case to bring T.E.A.C.H. to your state, look no further. The information and tools below can help early childhood stakeholders make the case for licensing T.E.A.C.H. in their state.
T.E.A.C.H. recognizes the diverse educational backgrounds of the early childhood workforce and provides programs appropriate for early educators with no formal education beyond high school as well as those with advanced degrees. And it provides effective strategies that address the education, compensation and retention of the early childhood workforce. From educational institution capacity building to individual educational goals, T.E.A.C.H. can be a change agent in every state.
To better understand T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® take a look at our National Video and Video Clips.
Benefits of T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Investments
If your state is looking for proven investment strategies to solve the longstanding issues of too little education, inadequate pay and benefits and high turnover in your early childhood workforce, T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® may be the right choice.
- An economical and cost effective quality improvement strategy
- A proven, off the shelf model with no need to reinvent the wheel
- Flexible, to meet a state’s workforce and policy milieu, while at the same time committed to program model fidelity
When a state invests in T.E.A.C.H., the administrative home receives
- Extensive and individualized training and unlimited technical assistance
- Program manuals that outline all of the policies and procedures that need to be in place to operate the program
- A multi-faceted database with capabilities for generating scholarship contracts and letters, recordkeeping and producing reports
- Templates for scholarship applications, outreach, college directories, forms and more
- Resources and tools including Fact Sheets about timely topics, a monthly technical assistance newsletter, advocacy tools and more
- Monitoring and quality assurance measures to ensure program success
Resources that Make the Case for T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood®